Thenar User Guide
(1) Prior to starting finger, hand, wrist strengthening, warm up exercises are recommended.
Example: Repetitions are 8 for your work out, half of the number (4) will be your warm up.
(2) Slower count for warm up: Power- 1 thousand, squeeze, pause, open hand and repeat .
Example: Serpentine -1 thousand, bend, pause, open hand and repeat. Claw and Grip counting are the same. 1 thousand, bend, pause, open - Grip 1 thousand ,bend ,pause open.
(3) Stretch between the warm up sets as well as between each set of your work out.
Example: - Repetition is 8 for your work out, warm up is 1X4 using slower movements
- Strength conditioning of the fingers, hands, wrists and forearms will help to prevent injuries to the muscles and tendons.
- Non-conditioning of the fingers, hands, wrists and forearms will increase the risk of injury when stress is applied.
- Resistance exercises for the fingers and thumb allows for the hands, wrists and forearms to have and maintain superior strength.
- Stretching prepares the fingers, hands, wrists, and forearms for daily activity.
- Stretching helps to prevent injuries to the tendons and muscles of the hand due to repetitive movements.
- Increased flexibility lowers the risk of injury.
- Greater range of motion allows for better hand mobility.